Building Service Contractors’ Association of Australia - Queensland Division Code of Conduct for Security Firms1. Ensure the firm, its employees and its contractors comply with applicable State and Federal legislation, in particular the Security Providers Act 1993 and Security providers Regulations 2008.
2. Ensure the firm acts with integrity in its dealings with its clients, suppliers, competitors, regulatory authorities and the general public, and in particular does not engage in false, misleading or deceptive conduct or otherwise bring the security industry into disrepute.
3. Ensure its employees and contractors are provided with a safe working environment, are appropriately supported in the delivery of services on behalf of the firm and are fairly remunerated in accordance with applicable State and Federal legislation.
7. Ensure the firm engages in industry best practice in the delivery of its services and actively participates in industry related forums designed to raise the standard of service delivery.
9. Ensure the firm proactively raises breaches of the Code of Conduct with their industry association where they come to the attention of the firm.
10. Where a breach of the Code of Conduct is brought to the attention of the association, the association will raise with the firm in writing and provide it with the opportunity to remedy the breach in the first instance before taking appropriate disciplinary action by way of a show cause notice why the membership should not be cancelled.